CODE 2, VOL 31, NO 19 : 19 may 2017
PROFESSIONAL firefighter and communication OFFICERS UPDATE
CA16 – Update
As reported to you in late April, the CA16 document requires certification by the QIRC.
QFES lodged the CA16 application for certification with the QIRC on Thursday 18 May 2017.
The QIRC Registry will now list the application for a hearing and we expect that the QIRC will certify the agreement for commencement either on or soon after the date of the hearing.
I will report to you again once the matter is listed by the QIRC Registry.
Tax time - update your details
To ensure you receive your union fees statement, if you have changed your address or any of your contact details, including station, rank, bank account details or personal email address, please forward your changes to email@example.com, update on our website by clicking here or contact your union office directly on 1800 816 589.
Please be aware that fire service pay office do not provide us with any of your changed details.
UFU Fee Increase
As decided by the State Committee of Management and in line with previous years, membership fees will increase on 1 July 2017 by 0.50c per week for professional firefighters and full time, part time and casual fire communication officers.
Reminder – UFUQ IPhone and Android App
The UFUQ IPhone App is now available for upload and can be accessed through the App store for free. Your union App provides members with additional information and improved communication.
The App contains information such as;
• UFUQ shift calendar that can be integrated with your personal calendar (add in your sick/long service or holiday leave, overtime, training, shift swaps and exposures)
• UFUQ News (all newsletters accessible through the App)
• UFUQ video library will contain UFUQ TV ads, YouTube clips & media interviews)
• Instant messages and updates to members (UFUQ can notify members of industrial decisions, station visits and issues happening across the State)
• UFUQ event calendar (invitations from UFUQ to rallies, campaign events and general events across QLD)
• Change of details (update your details directly into the App)
• Exposure notification (you can notify the UFUQ directly of any exposure or injury you have sustained, which will then be placed on your member records.
Please follow the below instructions to access the UFUQ App.
• Go to your App store icon on your IPhone or Android and type in the search menu “UFUQ hotspot”.
• Download this App to your phone
Enter your username (badge number) and password (first and last name with no spaces).
John Oliver - General Secretary
Authorised by John Oliver General Secretary
United Firefighters' Union of Australia, Union of Employees QLD