CODE 2, VOL 32, NO 27 : 14 september 2018
Annual General Meeting
In accordance with the union’s Rules, notice is hereby given that the Annual General Meeting of the United Firefighters Union of Australia, Union of Employees, Queensland will be held at the UFUQ office, 286 Montague Road, West End commencing at 9.30 am on 17 October 2018.
Additionally, the Annual General Meeting of the United Firefighters Union of Australia, Queensland Branch will be held at the same location commencing at 9.00am on the 17 October 2018.
All financial members are entitled to attend. Should you wish to attend, please advise the union office so that seating arrangements can be made.
Reminder – UFUQ IPhone and Android App
The UFUQ Hotspot App is now available for upload and can be accessed through the App store for free. Your union App provides members with additional information and improved communication.
The App contains information such as;
• UFUQ shift calendar that can be integrated with your personal calendar (add in your sick/long service or holiday leave, overtime, training, shift swaps and exposures)
• UFUQ News (all newsletters accessible through the App)
• UFUQ video library will contain UFUQ TV ads, YouTube clips & media interviews)
• Instant messages and updates to members (UFUQ can notify members of industrial decisions, station visits and issues happening across the State)
• UFUQ event calendar (invitations from UFUQ to rallies, campaign events and general events across QLD)
• Change of details (update your details directly into the App)
• Exposure notification (you can notify the UFUQ directly of any exposure or injury you have sustained, which will then be placed on your member records.
Please follow the below instructions to access the UFUQ App.
• Go to your App store icon on your IPhone or Android and type in the search menu “UFUQ hotspot”.
• Download this App to your phone
Enter your username (badge number) and password (first and last name with no spaces).
John Oliver - General Secretary
Authorised by John Oliver General Secretary
United Firefighters' Union of Australia, Union of Employees QLD