CODE 2, VOL 32, NO 6 : 09 march 2018
Committee of Management Election Notice
PLEASE NOTE THAT NOMINATIONS FOR THIS ELECTION DO NOT OPEN UNTIL WEDNESDAY 14TH MARCH AND THE AUSTRALIAN ELECTORAL COMMISSION WILL NOT ACCEPT ANY NOMINATION THAT IS SENT IN EARLY!
The Australian Electoral Commission of Queensland (AEC) has announced the dates for the elections for the Executive and Committee of Management positions of the United Firefighters’ Union of Australia, Queensland Branch.
Nominations open on WEDNESDAY 14TH MARCH 2018, and will close at 5:00pm on TUESDAY 3RD APRIL 2018.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL NOMINATIONS MUST BE LODGED WITH THE AUSTRALIAN ELECTORAL COMMISSION, NOT THE UNION, AND NOTE THE OPENING AND CLOSING DATES CAREFULLY.
Please click here to see the positions that are to be filled and access the nomination form. Alternatively, you can contact the union office on 1800 816 589.
Update your details
If you have changed your address or any of your contact details, including station, rank, bank account details or personal email address, please forward your changes to [email protected] or update on our website by clicking here or contact your union office directly on 1800 816 589.
Please be aware that fire service pay office do not provide us with any of your changed details.
Reminder – UFUQ IPhone and Android App
The UFUQ Hotspot App is now available for upload and can be accessed through the App store for free. Your union App provides members with additional information and improved communication.
The App contains information such as;
• UFUQ shift calendar that can be integrated with your personal calendar (add in your sick/long service or holiday leave, overtime, training, shift swaps and exposures)
• UFUQ News (all newsletters accessible through the App)
• UFUQ video library will contain UFUQ TV ads, YouTube clips & media interviews)
• Instant messages and updates to members (UFUQ can notify members of industrial decisions, station visits and issues happening across the State)
• UFUQ event calendar (invitations from UFUQ to rallies, campaign events and general events across QLD)
• Change of details (update your details directly into the App)
• Exposure notification (you can notify the UFUQ directly of any exposure or injury you have sustained, which will then be placed on your member records.
Please follow the below instructions to access the UFUQ App.
• Go to your App store icon on your IPhone or Android and type in the search menu “UFUQ hotspot”.
• Download this App to your phone
Enter your username (badge number) and password (first and last name with no spaces).
John Oliver – Branch / State Secretary
Authorised by John Oliver General Secretary
United Firefighters' Union of Australia, Union of Employees QLD