People often ask the question "Why should I join a Union? What do I get for the fees I pay?"
Apart from the piece of mind of being part of a collective group of people with the same interests, you help to contribute to the work done to obtain YOUR wage increases and improvements in work conditions, including safety. Is it the Australian way to reap the benefits without contributing? Ask your workmate who is a UFU member!
Very few employers will, out of the goodness of their heart, provide wage increases, improved working conditions or indeed your basic safety requirements if it is going to cut into their "bottom line" (i.e. profits).
Apart from the work your Union carries out on a day-to-day basis in improving your conditions, your Union, the United Firefighters Union, provides for its members a number of other benefits.
The following are just a few of the benefits available to members of the United Firefighters Union;.
- THE UNION SHOPPER- Free membership to this organisation that provides discounts on a range of purchases.
- DEFCOM - Your card provides you with discounts in a number of areas.
- CARS - The UFU has made arrangements with Queensland Motor Vehicle Brokers who sell and lease cars.
- TYRES & MECHANICAL - The Union has confirmed a partnership with Bob Jane T-Marts throughout Queensland to provide members with national fleet discount on tyre, wheels, batteries and mechanical work. Simply show your membership badge to take advantage of this offer.
- QBANK have a great working relationship with firefighters and can cover your home loan, savings or any other banking need.
- Bupa offer members great health insurance.
Remember, your membership of the United Firefighters Union doesn't COST, it PAYS!
ACTU Member Connect
ACTU Member Connect works with Unions to provide benefits that add value to union membership. The Member Connect team understands the work Unions do, and we help unions by providing an additional resource with a dedicated focus on adding value to membership. Services and products are not the reason workers join unions but members should be rewarded for joining and maintaining their links to the Union in more ways than just representation. Member connect is 100% Union owned by 16 unions and the ACTU.
Union members have access to a wide range of services through ACTU Member Connect.
For more information, please visit www.memberconnect.com.au